Be part of our wonderful Sprout Camps Family. We’re looking for passionate, dedicated people who are looking to make a difference in the lives of children!
CYJ Sprout Lake is in the Hudson Valley of New York on 86 acres. For over 45 years, we have been known for excelling in creating a safe space for children through our dedication to their emotional, physical, and spiritual well-being. We inspire Jewish children to live their best lives, connect to Israel and the Jewish people, and to make a difference in the world. Our intimate camp size (maximum 225 campers per session), fun, innovative and inclusive programming, and state of the art sports sets us apart.
Camp Young Judaea Sprout Lake is not affiliated with any Jewish denominations, our families span all backgrounds and affiliations of Judaism. We believe that CYJ Sprout Lake is a place for all Jewish children to come together, live together, have fun and create a community of inspiration and acceptance.
CYJ Sprout Lake is seeking to hire a part time Development Associate who will provide administrative support for year-round fundraising efforts. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Managing data entry and date hygiene for donations and donor information
- Ensure acknowledgement letters/emails are edited and distributed
- Collaborate in the development and management of the calendar of fundraising and outreach activities
- Draft initial copy for solicitation updates
- Conduct prospect research and create briefing memos
- Provide philanthropy related materials (e.g., donor history, capacity rating) for development and board meetings
- Provide administrative support in scheduling donor outreach
- Work closely with the Executive Director, Board Chair and Development Chair
The person to fill this role should be:
- Organized and detail oriented
- Self-starter and an independent worker
- Strong communication skills
- Team player
- Previous research or data management skills a plus
- Comfortable working with both professional colleagues and lay leaders
- Knowledge of Sprout Lake and the magic that happens there every summer
Please send your resume to Helene Drobenare: Helene@cyjsproutlake.org