Current positions available at Camp Sprout Lake:
Join a dynamic forward thinking camp team as the Social Worker, in tandem with the Director, and leadership team. This position will be responsible for working on mental/emotional/social health issues with our college age staff. The Social Worker is expected to provide staff with meaningful and critical guidance to make healthy, responsible, and respectful choices. The Social Worker plays a key role in training staff on topics including but not limited to: fostering positive life choices, social interactions, managing challenging camper behaviors and interpersonal disputes, identifying and supporting campers with special needs, conflict resolution, mental health and self-care.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who loves working with the college age population. Camp is a magical place and our staff are the people that make it happen. This person will be the support to these very special people.
-Master’s Degree/License in Social Work or Counseling or Psychology or Mental Health or Similar Fields preferred.
-Previous experiences in a camp, school or similar environment is preferred
-Experience with children, teenagers, and adult mental, social, and emotional health
-Must be able to think critically and act swiftly in high stress situations
-Attention to detail in documentation and maintaining records
-Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and comfort in communicating with children, young adults, and parents
-Must be caring, empathetic, patient, hardworking, and diligent professional who takes initiative and is creative, enthusiastic, open-minded and high-energy
-Must have ability to function both independently and as part of a team
This position is a summer position, from mid-June to mid-August.
Person will live at camp in Verbank, NY
Salary is commensurate with experience and could include a barter for children at overnight camp or day camp
The Aquatics Director supervises all aspects of the aquatics program. This includes staff supervision, supervising swimming lessons, planning all pool activities, and taking care of program materials. The Aquatics Director is supervised by the Program Director. The Aquatics Director is responsible for orienting their staff on the goals of the aquatics program at camp, and preparing their staff to lead daily activities in their program areas.
The Aquatics Director:
- Creates a curriculum for all water activities that are socially engaging for campers.
- Ensures swim lessons are run in accordance with American Red Cross standards.
- Leader of all emergency drills and safety training at the waterfront and pool.
- Maintain an inventory of all program supplies related to the aquatics program. The Aquatics Director is also responsible for the safe keeping of all program supplies.
- Ensures all aquatics programs adhere to the appropriate standards to maintain accreditation with American Camp Association and CampGroup. These include quality of program instruction, care and maintenance of supplies/equipment, and safety standards. – Staff Supervision
- Supervision includes daily check-ins, informal feedback, support during difficult or emergency situations, providing input and direction about lesson plans and projects, assigning activities, assigning periods off
This is can be a live-in position or this position can commute to and from camp daily. This job begins June 14th and ends August 19th.
Job Type: Contract
Salary: $2,500.00 to $4,000.00 /month
The camp nurse will join the team of nurses and doctors and is responsible for the medical needs of 200 campers, ages 7-13, and 100 staff. Duties include, dispensing medicines, performing first aid, daily sick calls, record keeping, liaison with camper parents, accompanying children to doctors when needed. Requirements: Licensed RN with ability to work in New York state; live on campus for 7 to 8 weeks in provided housing; experience working with children is a plus; responsible hard-working team player, with good assessment abilities. Competitive salary, all meals, and room and board provided!
We are looking for doctors who are interesting in working one week stays at camp – to help support our nurses and Health Center.
to apply for any of these jobs, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org